Thursday, March 29, 2012

Moving Forward


I love this message!  SO much time from SO many people is wasted on what if, should have been, could have been, and other negative thoughts.  The past is not meant to be fretted over, it is meant to be moved on from.  You have probably heard it before but the only gift we truly have is the "present.  The past is over and the future is not a promise.

I do not know if anyone can relate, but life does not always turn out exactly like we hoped, planned, or "intended".  My life has gone in some directions I never envisioned yet I KNOW I am exactly where I am intended to be. We are faced with a decision each moment to enjoy where we are OR waste this moment living in the past or the future.  I choose to have peace and through my faith I am able to enjoy each and every road I travel.

When I opened my boutique I thought I would have my shop forever.  Just like when I married my husband he thought he would operate his families orange groves forever.  Neither turned out to be true!  My husband and his family lost the fruit in the groves due to citrus canker and in turn the business and all the land is a mess.  He found himself fighting a HUGE fight of he said she said as everyone needs someone to blame when things go south:(  When I made the decision to close my shop it was really just because I missed my family and no longer wanted to miss my kids "everything" to be running a small business!  Little did I know all of these things happened so that we could get to where we are today:)  You know the saying "everything happens for a reason"  SO TRUE!

I live SO much more peacefully when I do not have to figure everything out and can put my faith in God.  I trust his plan for my life and therefore I am able to enjoy the gift that is...THE PRESENT!

So...Don't look back...we are not going that way!  Put your eyes on the lord and he will handle the details in his time:)

xoxo
KO
live your life...love your life

No comments:

Post a Comment